Friday, March 09, 2007

Odds

The needles aren't that bad. They are very tiny and since the injections just go under the skin I don't have to bother with finding a vein or anything. In fact, it's more like playing a game of darts on my own tummy. Huck it and hope it sticks.

The math involved with calculating how many grams of carbohydrates I'm about to eat and then from that figuring out how many units of insulin are required to cover said grams is a little more complicated. This is one of life's little ironies - I'm horrible at math and have done my best to avoid it and now my life depends on my ability to cross-multiply. Nice. Next thing you know I'll be held hostage by a crazed-gunman who will shoot me in the head if I can't name the last ten Stanley Cup winners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi...
my name is robyn...
i was googling something about korea and then i ended up on your blog site.... your writing is really intersting and cool.... well i'm an english teacher for koreans.. and i read that you used to be 1 also.... but im not in korea and i just teach online.....
well anyway i found out that you have a diabetes.... oh well i know it's non of my business anymore but then im just scared that i might have diabetes too because our family has a history of this illness.... well my grandmom has it.... and then we use to spend a lot for her medications, insulin etc.... but when we found out about what can bitter melon/ bitter gourd can do to diabetics... it really helps a lot.... my grandmom's insulin intake dosage decreases from the time she started to drink bitter gourd tea, supplement capsule, hmmm and started eating it.. i know it tastes really awful but you gotta try it.... you're not going to lose anything by eating that anyway.... i just wanted to help...... you cab email me here harumrobynscarum@gmail.com

i know it sounds weird that im telling you this stuff... but i hope you are just so friendly to acknowledge what i've said....