Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Begging Here People...

If you live in Alberta and you read my blog please do me a favour: Get a membership and vote in Saturday's 2nd ballot for the PC leadership election. This vote is probably the most important vote Alberta will see for years. Once the new premier is elected he does not have to call an election for another two years and doesn't have to actually hold one for three. This means we will have a premier with no provincial mandate - a government elected solely by the Conservative faction of the province. Some people are complaining that PC memberships are too easy to come by and are being bought up by non-conservatives. If becoming a member of the party and having a vote is what it takes to ensure I have a voice in our next government, so be it. If the newly elected premier were required to hold an election within six months of the leadership race I wouldn't feel so compelled to jump in where I may not belong. I care about this province and where it goes. I am opposed to everything that Ted Morton stands for and am terrified of the prospect of Premier Morton. You can buy a membership at the polling stations on Saturday and go here for information on where you can vote. The two top candidates are in a tight race and offer two very different futures for our province. Please, inform yourself and vote. It matters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Morton worse than Dinning?

KneuroKnut said...

Oh yeah...Morton is very socially conservative. He wants to get rid of the RCMP, the Canadian Pension Plan, wants to privatize some health care and insurance and is proposing (Bill 208) to block gay marriage in Alberta. Dinning isn't perfect but he is moving forward rather than dragging us back to the 13th century. Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

In case of Bill 208, like many people you have your facts wrong.

From CTV.ca:
If passed, Bill 208 would have allowed marriage commissioners in Alberta to refuse to perform same-sex marriages.

I am not saying I am approve of the Bill or not, but it is not to block gay marriage.

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! Looks like the party leader hopefuls are stopping at your blog first before launching their campaigns. A real little hot spot you have going here. I'm loving it! Now if only they would leave their names...Teddy I'm talking to you!

KneuroKnut said...

Anonymous - I don't have my facts wrong, I just know how to read between the lines. I know exactly what Bill 208 says and what it doesn't...I have read it thoroughly. To say it isn't designed to block gay marriage is only true technically. I suppose that if the Bill was designed to ensure that marriage commissioners don't have to perform inter-racial marriages that it wouldn't be racist? Please.

Chris O said...

Which anonymous is worse: the masked political pundit that frequents your blog, or the one who wants us to use phentermine to help the homeless children?