Tuesday, February 27, 2007

!Hola! Amigos...



We're back from Mexico!
I can't even begin to describe what a great time we had in Puerto Vallarta. The weather was hot (28-30 degrees) and sunny everyday and our resort was perfection. We laid by the pool, drank pina coladas, swam and relaxed every day. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed and chilled. The food was great and there was something really calming about being able to wake up, eat, nap and go to bed whenever you felt like it. No alarm clocks or rules. The old Caroline emerged from her cocoon of urban stress and I don't know who appreciated it more, me or Brian. :-)

We managed to strike a good balance between doing things and well, not doing anything. We walked around the old town and went on a pub crawl one night. I danced my little tooshie off at all the big clubs in PV - it was a blast. We went para-sailing which was incredible. It was a bit scary at first but as soon as you're up high and looking out over the water it was peaceful, calm and beautiful. My only wish is that we could have done it together. Brian went sea kayaking, we went boogie boarding and we met some really cool people.

On Friday night we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. Some days I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and at the same time I can't really remember a time before Brian. It feels like he has always been there. We walked along the ocean from our resort into town and we held hands and talked about life, relationships and our future. We ate dinner at a small little restaurant overlooking the malecon (basically the boardwalk) and the ocean and drank wine as we listened to the Mexican band in the background. The people were nice and I couldn't have asked for a more romantic, special place to spend our anniversary. I loved having Brian all to myself and being able to spend so much time with him...it was perfect.

We fell in love with Mexico and with the Mexican people. Every one of them was nicer than the next. I liked the pace, loved the food and felt safe and welcome every where we went. More importantly, and this isn't something I ever thought was really possible, I fell even more in love with Brian.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Aaaagghh! I am so jealous! I really am! Mexico looked amazing. Sun, Sea, Sand and I am sure the other "S" got a look in too. Titter titter! Ireland has seen 8 days of consecutive rain. Remember how Maebh and I pish poshed at the Korean "monsoon", well the last 8 days proved why. I would give anything for a spell in Mexico! Maybe this Christmas I shall toast my tush on a beach!

The Millionaire said...

if you haden't fallen more in love with him, i would have... he's dreamy!

Jon

Eileen said...

yeah mine should read "8 consecutive days".. consecutive rain is something i would like to see...

Alli said...

Isn't Mexico fantastic? Sounds like you guys had a great time!