Sunday, March 20, 2005

Moving to Cow Town

After a week of agonizing and flip-flopping, we finally decided where we will me moving in September. Our first choice was Victoria but after a lot of research we realized that it was way out of our price range. It's a nice idea, but the only thing we could afford was a fishing wharf. Now, I actually pitched the idea to Brian of living on said fishing wharf but was promptly refused. Now the book flap with my picture on it won't have the cool little blurb about living on a floating rat trap while I struggled to make two sentences meet. Ah well...

So, we are moving to Calgary. Which at first really disappointed me since I don't want to be in Alberta but I have come around to the idea somewhat. It's closer to our families and will hopefully allow us to still travel and enjoy the outdoors. It's not Hippyville BC (in fact, it's the complete opposite) but maybe I can open my own little commune. With a Starbucks of course, and lots of MEC gear. Sheesh.

Anyway, can't complain because Brian got into law school (at every school he applied to - yay Brian!) and we are going to buy a house and have a life and all that jazz. I might even get a job. Watch out.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Congrats on the move to Calgary. Can't wait to visit you. But please don't move into the Great Sprawl!