Sunday, March 20, 2005

Ding, Ding, Hell

My God - how could I forget to mention work? It sucks. In fact, it licks goat scrote...that's pretty bad. We have been fighting with the bosses for week and they just keep piling the work on. Meetings, reports about nothing, presentations about even less...it's never ending and it's all busy work. Koreans are procedure oriented not goal oriented so they always make us do this shit to keep us doing something. I could seriously sit there all day and do nothing and I would be better off than if I came in for 5 hours, worked my tail off and went home. Anyway, another co-worker has also been kicking up a fuss and recently received this warning which I thought summed up the Korean attitude pretty well:
"There is an old Chinese proverb that says that if the
minions rise up, beheading one of them will make the rest fall into line."

Minions? That would be us. Rising up? Asking for fair treatment. Beheading? Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments: