Sunday, February 05, 2006

Creatith the lightith...

I have conquered the unconquerable. This past weekend I rewired the electrical outlets and light switches on the main level. Now, the past few months have been a journey of self-discovery for me. I have gained skills I never thought I would have and a man hand that could bitch slap a walrus. I now feel comfortable in any aisle in Rona or Home Depot and could at least hazard a guess as to what most of their products do. I rest comfortably knowing that if the next great plague were to hit tomorrow and I was saved and forced to repopulate the earth, that I could build a nice little hut out of left over construction materials. And the interior would be creatively but not gaudily decorated.

But, the wiring? Wiring is guy stuff and I did it. I wasn't electrocuted, the lights work and the new rocker panels look lovely.

And on the seventh day she rested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say I am mightlily impressed with your DIY skills!The drawer fronts on my DIY build your own bit of furniture thingy have fallen off and the doors dont quite slot into the holes so god knows what would happen if I tried to wire anything! I would hazard a guess that most of my neighourhood would be without power for a few hours and when they did eventually get the lights back on - they would find the charred remains of my body clutching a screw driver...
Good luck with the Job interview - keeping all bits crossed for you!