Friday, May 21, 2004

Well, here I am in Edmonton. It was summer in London and it's early spring in Edmonton. I should have known that but for some reason I had forgotten how different it was here. It's great to be back though. When I was in Ontario I would get all excited everytime I saw an Alberta license plate. I haven't yet broken that habit and so I have been excited - a lot - since I got here. It's always weird when you live somewhere else for a year or two; when you return it's almost like you never left. I am in the same house, with the same people, that I was in this time last year only now I have a Master's degree. Very weird.

I saw Gina last night and today we are going to West Edmonton Mall...she's buying, I'm watching. Ian and Bobbi are both at the house so I have seen them and most importantly I have been reunited with my adorable, lovable Shabba. It's so great to hold him and hear him purring again. When he sleeps on my head at night and purrs like a little machine, I can't help but feel that everything is right with the world. That is until I start to sneeze. I am allergic to my best friend.

No comments: